TfP/ACCORD hosted Mr Jaume Guardans from the EuropeAid Cooperation Office in Durban, South Africa on 12 June 2009. Mr Guardans has been working on the African Union (AU) – European Union (EU) capacity-building project, and specifically, as part of a team that is assisting the AU in conducting a civilian training needs analysis project for the ASF.
The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted a Conflict Management for Peacekeepers and Peacebuilders Course for the African Union - United Nations Hybrid Operations in Darfur (UNAMID) from 3-5 June 2009 in Kampala, Uganda. The course was attended by twenty-four (24) participants predominantly from the Civil Affairs Section of UNAMID.
TfP/ACCORD undertook a series of consultative meetings at the UN DPKO Headquarters from 4-6 May 2009. Meetings were held with the DPKO-AU PST, the Integrated Training Service (ITS), the Department of Political Affairs (DPA), the Department of Field Services (DFS), the Peacekeeping Best Practices Unit, and the Norwegian Permanent Mission to the UN.
TfP/ACCORD participated in an Africa Civil-military Coordination (CIMIC) Review Workshop hosted by the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme (APCP) at ACCORD. Within the UN context, CIMIC is one of the specific areas of peacekeeping doctrine under review and a review workshop was hosted in Singapore in March 2009, bringing together CIMIC stakeholders from the Asia-Pacific region.
ACCORD hosted the first Annual General Meeting of the Association of Security Sector Education and Training (ASSET), which was held in Durban from 4-6 March 2009. The meeting brought together a variety of institutions from across the continent involved in SSR training and education to engage and share information and ideas on the challenges encountered in current Security Sector Reform (SSR) agendas and avenues of moving forward to address these challenges.
TfP/ACCORD participated in an African Union (AU) – European Union (EU) Training Needs and Capabilities Workshop held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 5 and 6 March 2009. The purpose of the workshop was to deliberate on the preliminary findings of an AU – EU joint expert study undertaken to identify African training capabilities and needs.
TfP/ACCORD participated in and chaired an APSTA Technical Committee Meeting (TCM) held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (hosted by the APSTA Secretariat at the Institute for Security Studies (ISS) on 17 May 2009.
In a collaborative endeavour with the United Nations (UN) Department of Peacekeeping Operations, the Peacebuilding Unit at ACCORD hosted a Civil Military Guidance Development Workshop in Kampala, Uganda from 22-23 April, 2009. This two day workshop brought together senior officials from the civilian, military and police units of the UN missions across Africa.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD in collaboration with the Southern Africa Development Community Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre (SADC-RPTC), conducted a four (4) day Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course for the Southern Africa Development Community Brigade (SADCBRIG) from 15 – 18 April 2009 in Maputo, Mozambique.
On request by the African Union (AU) Peace Support Operations Division (PSOD), TfP/ACCORD participated and represented the civilian dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF), in a planning meeting for Exercise AMANI Africa from 12 – 13 March 2009 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
TfP /ACCORD participated in a seminar entitled Mediating Peace in Africa: Securing Conflict Prevention hosted by the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme (APCP) at ACCORD and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 4 March 2009.
- ACCORD conducts CPPC course for ONUCI
- Swedish Defense Research Agency visit ACCORD
- ACCORD conducts training for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM)
- ACCORD Conducts Training for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM)
- Norway and ACCORD sign new TfP agreement
- NUPI director Jan Egeland visits ACCORD
- IAB Meeting for TfP in Norway
- Oslo Capstone Doctrine Seminar
- ACCORD at UN Civilian Staff Officer Course
- G8++ Africa Clearing House Conference
- ACCORD to train SANDF for UN and AU deployment
- ACCORD to participate in dialogue on civilian protection in Africa
- ACCORD to host planning for African Standby Force
- ACCORD to assist with exercise scenarios for African Standby Force
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping
- SADC Workshop on Peace Operations
- ACCORD conducts Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Course in Ghana
- ACCORD Meets Mith the South African National Office for the Coordination of Peace Missions
- African Union African Standby Force Training Implementation Workshop
- APSTA Training Implementation Workshop