On 24 February 2009 the Hon. Commissioner Nancy Boxill, a Board member of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research’s (UNITAR) International Training Centre for Local Authorities in Atlanta (CIFAL Atlanta) visited ACCORD House. Commissioner Boxill is the County Commissioner and Chair of the UNITAR-CIFAL Atlanta Global Leadership Initiative on Gender Equality in Cities.
On 15 January 2009 the Head of Delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for the Southern Africa and the Indian Ocean Region, Catherine Gendre, along with ICRC’s Provincial Manager, Derick Naidoo, visited ACCORD House. The aim of the visit was to discuss the work of the ICRC in Southern Africa, the upcoming elections in South Africa and ACCORD’s work in general on the Continent.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to be a resource person at a workshop hosted by the Embassy of Finland in honour of a delegation of eleven individuals on a study tour of South Africa on 17 November in Pretoria. The Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs has launched a programme to familiarize top Finnish decision-makers with global development issues and the practices of development cooperation.
On 21 October 2008 H. E. Ambassador J. Anthony Holmes visited ACCORD House. Ambassador Holmes is the Cyrus Vance Fellow in Diplomatic Studies at the Council on Foreign Relations in the United States (US), where he focuses on Africa and directs the Roundtable Series on African Policy Issues.
On the 23rd of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the launch of the South Africa Government Scenarios 2025, which was held in Pretoria.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the State Banquet hosted by the South African President His Excellency Thabo Mbeki, in honour of His Excellency Mr. Hugo Chávez, President of the Bolivian Republic of Venezuela.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Crisis Management Initiative (CMI) to travel with the former President of Finland, and 2008 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate, H.E. President Marti Ahtisaari, to Liberia for the launch of the “Governance out of the box” programme on 27-28 November 2008, in Monrovia. Discussions were also held on a working partnership between ACCORD and CMI on the above programme.
On 12 November 2008 the Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, provided a presentation on current global developments and their impact on Africa to a delegation of senior members from the Government of Burundi and senior officers from the College of Defence Management (CDM) from Secunderabad in India.
On the 12th of October 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a small closed dinner hosted by the new Swedish Ambassador to South Africa H.E. Ambassador Peter Tejler for the new Director General of Sida, Mr. Anders Nordstrom.
On the 17th of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Consul General of India based in Durban, Mr. Shringla, to attend a dinner reception in honour of the Minister of State for External Affairs of India, His Excellency Mr. Anand Sharma.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a ICCO-Kerkinactie Regional Consultation Meeting for Southern Africa, which was hosted by ICCO-Kerkinactie from the 25th to the 27th of August 2008, in Madagascar. ICCO-Kerkinactie is a Dutch funding agency, working in 50 countries around the world, including Southern Africa.
- “Challenges Facing an African Diplomat: Now and in the Future” Conference
- ACCORD attends Elite and Public Values Survey Briefing
- ACCORD participates in evaluation of impact of South African Foreign Policy
- 6th Oslo Forum, Norway
- Vasu Gounden attend 18th WEF Africa Summit
- Gounden meets with Swedish Director General for International Development Cooperation
- Vasu Gounden one of three Civil Society Representatives to address TICAD IV
- ACCORD hosts Sri Lankan High Commissioner
- Dr. Ziad Abu-Amr visits ACCORD
- Canadian Evaluation Manager visits ACCORD
- ACCORD hosts first EXCOM meeting of 2008
- ACCORD Staff and Trustees Meet Mandela
- Gounden attends Brussels workshop on the EU’s role in conflict prevention
- Canadian High Commission visit ACCORD
- OECD/DAC Experts Meeting on Developing Practical Guidance on Armed Violence Reduction in Nairobi
- Gounden attends regional meeting on armed violence and development in Kenya
- ACCORD attends TOPS seminar in Sweden
- Security Sector Reform and Governance Meeting between Sweden and South Africa
- ACCORD donates IT equipment to celebrate International Peace Day
- Gandhi researcher and non-violence teacher visits ACCORD