On the 17th of September 2008 the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Consul General of India based in Durban, Mr. Shringla, to attend a dinner reception in honour of the Minister of State for External Affairs of India, His Excellency Mr. Anand Sharma.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the State Banquet hosted by the South African President His Excellency Thabo Mbeki, in honour of His Excellency Mr. Hugo Chávez, President of the Bolivian Republic of Venezuela.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to be a resource person at “Challenges Facing an African Diplomat: Now and in the Future” conference hosted by the South African Foreign Service Training Institute in Pretoria, held on the 15th and 16th of July 2008.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Portfolio Committee on Foreign Affairs to be a resource person at a seminar on the evaluation of the impact and challenges of South African Foreign Policy in the last 14 years, including South Africa’s experience in the UN Security Council, which was held on the 26th and 27th of July 2008 in Durban.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, attended the World Economic Forum (WEF) Africa Summit, which was held in Cape Town from 4-6 June 2008. WEF brings together the key individuals from all levels of society and offers important discussion, information sharing and networking opportunities.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the fourth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD IV) which was co-hosted by the Government of Japan, The United Nations (UN/OSSA and UNDP) and the World Bank.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a ICCO-Kerkinactie Regional Consultation Meeting for Southern Africa, which was hosted by ICCO-Kerkinactie from the 25th to the 27th of August 2008, in Madagascar. ICCO-Kerkinactie is a Dutch funding agency, working in 50 countries around the world, including Southern Africa.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a Elite and Public Values Survey Briefing - “Tracking the Pulse of the Elite and Public in South Africa” hosted by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Foundation in association with the Democracy Development Programme (DDP) in Durban on the 22 August 2008.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the 6th Oslo Forum, which was co-hosted by the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue. It was held from the 24th to the 26th of June 2008 in Oslo, Norway.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to meet with Mr. Jan Knutsson during his visit to South Africa on the 2nd and 3rd of June 2008.
On 21 April 2008 the High Commissioner to South Africa for the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, H.E. Anura Rajakaruna, visited ACCORD House. The High Commissioner previously visited ACCORD in April 2007 when he accompanied two political leaders from the Government of Sri Lanka, the Honourable Mr. Veerasingham Anandasangaree and the Honourable Mr. Douglas Devananda to ACCORD House.
- Dr. Ziad Abu-Amr visits ACCORD
- Canadian Evaluation Manager visits ACCORD
- ACCORD hosts first EXCOM meeting of 2008
- ACCORD Staff and Trustees Meet Mandela
- Gounden attends Brussels workshop on the EU’s role in conflict prevention
- Canadian High Commission visit ACCORD
- OECD/DAC Experts Meeting on Developing Practical Guidance on Armed Violence Reduction in Nairobi
- Gounden attends regional meeting on armed violence and development in Kenya
- ACCORD attends TOPS seminar in Sweden
- Security Sector Reform and Governance Meeting between Sweden and South Africa
- ACCORD donates IT equipment to celebrate International Peace Day
- Gandhi researcher and non-violence teacher visits ACCORD
- Seminar on UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy
- Gounden tours Sweden, Finland & Norway
- Gounden Meets Co-Chair of Swedish-South Africa SSR Seminar
- 2007 Mahatma Gandhi International Award Recipient Visits ACCORD
- Gounden Participates in Foreign Affairs round table
- ACCORD invited to roundtable on AFRICOM
- Former Dutch minister and SRSG for Sudan visits ACCORD
- ACCORD hosts SA ambassador to Indonesia