On the 16th of April Dr. Ziad Abu-Amr, who is a member of the Palestinian Legislative Council, the founder of the Palestinian Council on Foreign Relations and a former Palestinian Foreign Minister, visited ACCORD House along with Kjell-Ake Nordquist from the Stockholm School of Theology Human Rights Programme (previously the Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala University).
On the 10th of April Stuart Bloomfield, a Senior Evaluation Manager in the Office of the Inspector General in the Evaluation Department at the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade in Canada, visited ACCORD House.
On 8 December 2007 ACCORD hosted its Annual Trustees meeting at the Polana Serena Hotel in Maputo, Mozambique. The meeting was attended by five of ACCORD’s eight Trustees, who were accompanied by their spouses. During the late morning ACCORD was honoured to have former South Africa President H. E. President Nelson Mandela meet informally with ACCORD’s Trustees and Staff.
On the 20 November Marc Labrom, the new second Secretary (Political Affairs) based at the Canadian High Commission in Pretoria visited ACCORD House. Mr. Labrom’s visit follows visits in April this year by the Canadian High Commissioner, Ruth Archibald and the Political Counsellor Andras Vamos-Goldman.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, recently attended a regional meeting on armed violence and development in Kenya, under invitation from the Governments of Kenya and Switzerland and the United Nations Development Programme.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to be a resource person at a “Security Sector Reform (SSR) and Governance” meeting between Sweden and South Africa. The meeting which was hosted by the Swedish National Defence College (SNDC) and the Folke Bernadotte Academy in Västerhaninge, Sweden, from 1-2 October.
On 16 April 2008 ACCORD held its third Trustee EXCOM Meeting at ACCORD House. Two EXCOM meetings are held each year and this was the first meeting for 2008. The second EXCOM meeting will be held in August 2008.
On 22 November, the Founder and Executive director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, participated in a workshop in Brussels entitled “Conflict Prevention – Creating a Leading Role for the European Union ‘Co-operation with Regional Organisations,’” under invitation by the Madariaga European Foundation and the Folke Bernadotte Academy.
On 1 November the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden was a resource person at the “OECD/DAC Experts Meeting on Developing Practical Guidance on Armed Violence Reduction” in Nairobi, Kenya.
As part of the partnership arrangement between ACCORD and the Department of Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University in Sweden, ACCORD is participating in Uppsala’s high-level programme on Conflict Resolution and Challenges to Successful Peace Building in Africa (Top Level Seminar on Peace and Security - TOPS).
On International Peace Day, 21 September 2007, ACCORD, in collaboration with Unischool Durban (which provides short training in computer and business skills) contributed some of its surplus IT equipment to the Ekhaya Multi Arts Centre based in Kwa-Mashu, Durban. Unischool agreed to contribute free computer training.
- Gandhi researcher and non-violence teacher visits ACCORD
- Seminar on UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy
- Gounden tours Sweden, Finland & Norway
- Gounden Meets Co-Chair of Swedish-South Africa SSR Seminar
- 2007 Mahatma Gandhi International Award Recipient Visits ACCORD
- Gounden Participates in Foreign Affairs round table
- ACCORD invited to roundtable on AFRICOM
- Former Dutch minister and SRSG for Sudan visits ACCORD
- ACCORD hosts SA ambassador to Indonesia
- Gounden presents at DUNSA conference on international conflicts
- Gounden joins Queen's birthday celebrations
- Chairman of Fullbright Foreign Scholarships Board made ACCORD' Ambassador of Peace'
- Zimbabwean Freedom House Southern Africa visit ACCORD
- Gounden talks on Palestine question at UN forum
- ACCORD hosts opposing Sri Lankan groups
- ACCORD director visits Holland and Finland to speak on African conflict management
- Gounden attends ANC’s thinktank on international relations
- SA and Swedish police services visit ACCORD
- Gounden presents at seminar on broader cooperation between South Africa and Sweden
- ACCORD, DFA & Canadian High Commission host round table on international peace and security