The Training for Peace (TFP) Programme at ACCORD conducted a Mission Preparedness Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course (CPPC) and an Admin and Finance Specialisation Course for the African Union Mission for Somalia (AMISOM) from 9 - 13 February 2009 and 16 - 18 February 2009, respectively, in Nairobi, Kenya.
On 11 November 2008 May-Elin Stene, Minister Councilor at the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Pretoria, visited ACCORD House where she and the Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, signed a new grant agreement for the Training for Peace (TfP) programme. The TfP programme has been running at ACCORD since 1995.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, recently attended the the International Advisory Board (IAB) meeting for the Training for Peace in Southern Africa (TfP) Programme, which was held from the 8-10 June in Northern Norway.
The Senior Programme Officer for the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme, Ms. Yvonne Kasumba, is presently participating in a United Nations (UN) Civilian Staff Officer Course (UNCIVSOC) hosted by the Swedish Armed Forces International Centre (SWEDINT) in Kungsängen, Sweden.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace programme will hold a five-day Conflict Management Course for Peacekeepers in Pretoria from 25-29 February 2008. The training will be facilitated by Kemi Ogunsanya, ACCORD’s senior trainer, and Yvonne Kasumba, Senior Programme Officer with the Training for Peace programme, at the South African National Peace Mission Training Centre.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD will be hosting a Civilian Staffing, Rostering and Training (SRT) planning meeting on 6 February in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Civilian SRT Workshop is scheduled for 23-25 April and will have as a key objective the harmonization of the approaches of the African Union (AU) and the Regional Economic Commissions (RECs) to the staffing, rostering and training aspects of the civilian dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF).
On 3 November 2008 the Director of the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), a partner on ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme, visited ACCORD House. This was Mr. Egeland’s first visit to ACCORD. Mr. Egeland was in Durban to attend the International Advisory Board Meeting for the TfP programme.
The Peacekeeping Best Practices Section of the United Nations (UN) Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) and the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI) will be hosting a seminar on the DPKO Capstone Doctrine from 14-15 May in Oslo, Norway.
Cedric de Coning, Research Fellow of ACCORD, has been invited to attend the 5th G8++ Africa Clearing House Conference that is taking place in Tokyo, Japan from 23-24 April.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD’s Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will participate in a meeting entitled “Civilian Protection in Africa: A Dialogue” from 13-14 February 2007. The meeting will be hosted by the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (CHD) in Nairobi, Kenya.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will be participating in a Scenario Development Meeting from 4-5 February in Nairobi, Kenya. The need to develop a common exercise scenario was recognised at an African Standby Force (ASF) Training Implementation Workshop held from 29-31 October 2007 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping
- SADC Workshop on Peace Operations
- ACCORD conducts Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Course in Ghana
- ACCORD Meets Mith the South African National Office for the Coordination of Peace Missions
- African Union African Standby Force Training Implementation Workshop
- APSTA Training Implementation Workshop
- TfP Programme Annual General Meeting
- ‘Protection of Civilians in Peace Operations’ Curriculum Development Workshop
- 13th Annual Conference of the International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers
- Seminar on Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Conflict Management for Peacekeepers Course for the United Nations Mission in Liberia
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to Liberia
- ACCORD give training support to SADC Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping
- UN Humanitarian Civil-Military Coordination Course
- TfP Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Course
- Peace Operations in Africa presentation
- ACCORD to attend APSTA Training Support and Coordination workshop
- AU African Standby Force Technical Experts Task Team Meeting, Addis Ababa