The Senior Programme Officer for the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme, Ms. Yvonne Kasumba, is presently participating in a United Nations (UN) Civilian Staff Officer Course (UNCIVSOC) hosted by the Swedish Armed Forces International Centre (SWEDINT) in Kungsängen, Sweden.
Cedric de Coning, Research Fellow of ACCORD, has been invited to attend the 5th G8++ Africa Clearing House Conference that is taking place in Tokyo, Japan from 23-24 April.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD’s Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will participate in a meeting entitled “Civilian Protection in Africa: A Dialogue” from 13-14 February 2007. The meeting will be hosted by the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (CHD) in Nairobi, Kenya.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will be participating in a Scenario Development Meeting from 4-5 February in Nairobi, Kenya. The need to develop a common exercise scenario was recognised at an African Standby Force (ASF) Training Implementation Workshop held from 29-31 October 2007 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
ACCORD's TfP Programme’s Senior Programme Advisor, Cedric de Coning, is attending a Southern African Development Community Workshop on Peace Operations. The theme of the workshop is “The Challenges of Peacekeeping Training in the SADC Region"
On 12 November ACCORD held a briefing in Pretoria with representatives from the South African National Office for the Coordination of Peace Missions (NOCPM) and the Southern African Development Community Desk at the Department of Foreign Affairs, to present the work of ACCORD.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace programme will hold a five-day Conflict Management Course for Peacekeepers in Pretoria from 25-29 February 2008. The training will be facilitated by Kemi Ogunsanya, ACCORD’s senior trainer, and Yvonne Kasumba, Senior Programme Officer with the Training for Peace programme, at the South African National Peace Mission Training Centre.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD will be hosting a Civilian Staffing, Rostering and Training (SRT) planning meeting on 6 February in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Civilian SRT Workshop is scheduled for 23-25 April and will have as a key objective the harmonization of the approaches of the African Union (AU) and the Regional Economic Commissions (RECs) to the staffing, rostering and training aspects of the civilian dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF).
Cedric de Coning, joint Research Fellow at ACCORD and NUPI, will be give a lecture on the 'unintended consequences of peacekeeping' to the Armed Forces of North Norway in Bardufoss on 23 January. The event is organised by the Norwegian National Red Cross. The 'unintended consequences of peacekeeping' is also the title of a book that de Coning co-edited with Prof Chiyuki Aoi and Prof Ramesh Thakur.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme, in partnership with the Legon Centre for International Affairs (LECIA) at the University of Ghana, will host a Civilian Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding Course (CPPC) in Accra, Ghana, from 19-23 November.
In recognition of the support ACCORD has been giving to the African Union (AU) in the development of the Civilian Dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF), ACCORD was invited to participate in an AU Training Implementation Workshop that was held in Addis Ababa from 29-31 October.
- APSTA Training Implementation Workshop
- TfP Programme Annual General Meeting
- ‘Protection of Civilians in Peace Operations’ Curriculum Development Workshop
- 13th Annual Conference of the International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers
- Seminar on Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Conflict Management for Peacekeepers Course for the United Nations Mission in Liberia
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to Liberia
- ACCORD give training support to SADC Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping
- UN Humanitarian Civil-Military Coordination Course
- TfP Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Course
- Peace Operations in Africa presentation
- ACCORD to attend APSTA Training Support and Coordination workshop
- AU African Standby Force Technical Experts Task Team Meeting, Addis Ababa
- Coordinated Approaches to Security, Development and Peacemaking
- G8+ Africa Clearing House
- ACCORD participates in seminar on challenges of peacekeeping training in Africa
- Preparing the South African Army for future peace missions
- International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers (IAPTC) Executive Committee Meeting