The African Journal of Conflict Resolution – Volume 15 No. 3, 2015 is now available.
Social cohesion is a key variable in the recovery of countries from violence and/or conflict. Such countries face the often simultaneous challenges of nation-building, reconciliation, social engineering and achieving justice and reconciliation. In this vein, ACCORD was pleased to publish a special edition of the African Journal of Conflict Resolution (AJCR), focusing on the theme ‘Social cohesion in post-conflict societies’, and with a foreword by guest editors professors Cheryl Potgieter and Paulus Zulu.
This third edition of Volume 15, published by ACCORD’s Knowledge Production Department is available here.
The invitation to have Potgieter and Zulu guest edit the volume flowed from their membership of a four-person team appointed by the premier of South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal Province, H.E. Mr Senzo Mchunu, to investigate the obstacles and challenges to social cohesion in the province. ACCORD was appointed as Secretariat for the duration of the committee’s work.
This special edition of AJCR includes:
- ‘A comparative analysis of the Post-Arab Spring national dialogues in Tunisia and Yemen’ by Hannah Hamidi
- ‘Social cohesion, sexuality, homophobia and women’s sport in South Africa’ by Mari H. Engh and Cheryl Potgieter
- ‘Student leadership and advocacy for social cohesion: A South African perspective’ by McGlory Speckman
- ‘South Sudan’s December 2013 conflict: Bolting state-building fault lines with social capital’ by Robert Gerenge
- ‘Towards Pentecopolitanism: New African Pentecostalism and social cohesion in South Africa’ by Chammah Kaunda
- Book review – ‘A nation in crisis: An appeal for morality’. Reviewed by Lukhona Mnguni.
One of ACCORD’s flagship publications, the AJCR provides a platform for policy makers, academics and conflict resolution practitioners to investigate and assess significant events on the continent and to address major practical dilemmas of conflict resolution in a peer-reviewed format.
The journal is available on our site for download in its entirety, and can be ordered in hardcopy from ACCORD by contacting Wendy Coleman at ACCORD’s Resource Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on this or other ACCORD publications please contact email@example.com.