ACCORD’s Training for Peace Programme recently hosted an African Union (AU) Technical Workshop for the Heads and Civilian Dimension Focal Points of the African Standby Force (ASF).
ACCORD presented the preliminary findings of an assessment of the United Nations Mission in Sudan (UNMIS) Civil Affairs Division (CAD) conflict management initiatives in South Sudan at a UNMIS planning workshop in Juba from 20-21 September 2010.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD facilitated a session on the Civilian Dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF) at the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Senior Mission Leaders Course (SML) to expose participants to critical aspects in the planning, management and conduct of contemporary multidimensional and integrated peace operations.
ACCORD has conducted field research in Sudan to investigate the increasing threat of climate related conflicts in Africa. The research findings will inform the work of policy makers and the NGO sector to deal with and prevent climate related conflicts.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD participated in a Southern African Development Community (SADC) - Regional Peacekeeping Training Centre (RPTC) 'Content Development Workshop’, held from 28 – 30 July 2010 in Harare, Zimbabwe.
ACCORD's African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme (APCP) will be conducting training sessions and workshops during July to September. This is tied to ACCORD’s aim of enhancing coherence and coordination of peacebuilding stakeholders through capacity-building initiatives.
ACCORD teamed-up with WhizzKids United for an International Peace Day Celebration on 21st September. In support of the UN 2010 theme of 'Peace, Youth and Development', ACCORD staff joined 150 Grade 5 learners who competed in a “World Cup” Tournament to graduate from a year-long 'On the Ball' WhizzKids United programme at Clarence Primary School in Greyville, South Africa.
The ACCORD Burundi Intervention is bringing together peacebuilding agents at the end of August to assess and monitor progress in the project titled “Post-Conflict Peacebuilding in Burundi: Promoting Peace, Reconciliation and effective Governance.”
Following the changed mandate of the UN peacekeeping mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), ACCORD has recently engaged with key peacebuilding stakeholders to consolidate sustainable peace efforts in the country.
ACCORD’s Peacemaking Unit recently conducted a Study Tour and Conflict Resolution Training for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) from Sudan in Pretoria and Johannesburg, South Africa. The training aimed at enhancing the participants' understanding of conflict analysis and intervention strategies.
ACCORD hosted Professors Ajay Dubey and Aparajita Biswas from India on Wednesday 15 July 2010, as part of ACCORD’s commemoration of 150 years of Indian settlers in KwaZulu Natal. The academics are in South Africa is to look into the contribution of the Indian Diaspora to the development of South Africa over the last 150 years.
- ACCORD conducts field research in Africa
- ACCORD introduces Academic Writing Workshops
- ACCORD conducts Conflict Management training for UNMIS
- ACCORD attends UN debate in New York
- ACCORD presents draft Civil Affairs Handbook in New York
- ACCORD plans Phase Four of the TfP Programme
- ACCORD papers published in online journals
- ACCORD supports UN Mission Strategies on Protection of Civilians
- ACCORD provides technical assistance to IFES
- ACCORD creates dialogue between Youth Leaders and Security Forces in Burundi
- ACCORD co-hosts Africa-Wide Dialogue for United Nations Peacebuilding Commission
- Africa Peace Award 2010 Photographic Gallery
- ACCORD signs MoU with government of Sierra Leone
- AU Chair Dr Jean Ping opens new ACCORD Offices
- ACCORD holds Conflict Management Course for UNAMID Peacekeepers and Peacebuilders
- The Nation of Sierra Leone shines at ACCORD 2010 Africa Peace Award
- ACCORD to unite youth leaders and security forces in Burundi
- Image gallery from UN ToT
- ACCORD awards 2010 Africa Peace Award to the Nation of Sierra Leone
- ACCORD hosts Curriculum Development Workshop and Training Support Group Meeting on behalf of AU CMD