The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, along with Karishma Rajoo, the Manager of ACCORD’s Operations Division, conducted a conflict management training at the South African Foreign Service Training Institute in Pretoria from 1-3 September 2008. The training focused on negotiation skills and was conducted as part of the programme for the diplomatic cadets.
On Friday, 15 August 2008, H.E. Ambassador Billy Modise, was awarded the Premier’s Excellence Award by the Premier of the Free State for his contribution towards the liberation struggle and South Africa in general.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to be a resource person at “Challenges Facing an African Diplomat: Now and in the Future” conference hosted by the South African Foreign Service Training Institute in Pretoria, held on the 15th and 16th of July 2008.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited by the Portfolio Committee on Foreign Affairs to be a resource person at a seminar on the evaluation of the impact and challenges of South African Foreign Policy in the last 14 years, including South Africa’s experience in the UN Security Council, which was held on the 26th and 27th of July 2008 in Durban.
From 15-16 August 2008 the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme at ACCORD hosted a Peacebuilding Consultative Workshop in Kampala, Uganda, for stakeholders to the peacebuilding process in Southern Sudan.
From the 13-16 May 2008, Senior Researcher Jannie Malan, along with Karabo Rajuili from the Knowledge Production Department at ACCORD conducted community consultations in Stutterheim in the Eastern Cape, Mpumalanga and Muden in KwaZulu Natal.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a ICCO-Kerkinactie Regional Consultation Meeting for Southern Africa, which was hosted by ICCO-Kerkinactie from the 25th to the 27th of August 2008, in Madagascar. ICCO-Kerkinactie is a Dutch funding agency, working in 50 countries around the world, including Southern Africa.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a Elite and Public Values Survey Briefing - “Tracking the Pulse of the Elite and Public in South Africa” hosted by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Foundation in association with the Democracy Development Programme (DDP) in Durban on the 22 August 2008.
From 23-24 July 2008 the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme at ACCORD hosted a Peacebuilding Consultative Workshop in Goma, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), for stakeholders to the peacebuilding process in the DRC.
Mr. Karanja Mbugua represented ACCORD and presented at the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy: Raising Awareness and Exploring the Role for Civil Society in Contributing to its Implementation workshop from 21-22 July 2008.
From 25 – 26 June 2008 the African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme at ACCORD hosted a Peacebuilding Consultative Workshop in Monrovia, Liberia, for stakeholders to the peacebuilding process in Liberia.
- 6th Oslo Forum, Norway
- “Ontwikkeling is Verandering”: Dialogue about the Future Conference
- IAB Meeting for TfP in Norway
- Vasu Gounden attend 18th WEF Africa Summit
- Gounden meets with Swedish Director General for International Development Cooperation
- ACCORD Provides Resource Persons to Uppsala University’s TOPS Course
- Vasu Gounden one of three Civil Society Representatives to address TICAD IV
- ACCORD Trustee appointed President of the International Organisation of Employers
- Professor Klaus Schwab
- Oslo Capstone Doctrine Seminar
- ACCORD at UN Civilian Staff Officer Course
- Peacebuilding Programme conducts Burundi consultations
- ACCORD Conducts International Trade Negotiation Training
- ACCORD trustees honoured by State President
- ACCORD hosts Sri Lankan High Commissioner
- ACCORD trustee Graça Machel awarded honorary doctorate
- Dr. Ziad Abu-Amr visits ACCORD
- Canadian Evaluation Manager visits ACCORD
- Ogunsanya presents paper on mitigating election-related conflict to SADC parliamentarians
- JICA visit ACCORD to discuss Peace Centre