Home Forums General Public Discussions AU Continental Framework for Youth, Peace and Security

Tagged: , , ,

• AU Continental Framework for Youth, Peace and Security

• Savannah Wilmot

24 Aug 2021 at 11:39 am

How do we effectively and meaningfully ensure youth involvement in all levels of governance, peace and security?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Savannah Wilmot

24 Aug 2021 at 11:42 am

The youth population in Africa is expanding exponentially. This is an opportunity to push for change and recognise that youth’s experience is different and therefore requires acknowledgement and celebration as a way to involve youthful perspectives in decision making

• Sesetu Holomisa

24 Aug 2021 at 1:05 pm

Members of the youth need to mobilise and advocate for the changes they want to see in the various spheres of society collaboratively and peacefully. They should also research what platforms or policies are in place to advance their social development agendas. For instance, the African Unions Continental Framework on Youth, Peace and Security (AU CFYPS)

• Savannah Wilmot

24 Aug 2021 at 2:06 pm

I suppose a continental framework can only take us so far. Youth need to mobilise around national action plans as a way to affect change at an immediate level. Also, the leadership skills attained through mobilisation, advocacy and strategy could assist in actual implementation of youth-led initiatives

• Adam Randera

27 Aug 2021 at 10:18 am

For me the problem is that I don’t even know where to start wit getting involved in peace and security issues. Any attempt to research peace programs and you just get bombarded with acronyms and confusing organisational procedures. How can we expect young people to be involved in these programs if you need all this institutional knowledge just to understand what is going on?

• Thokozile Nkgadima

27 Aug 2021 at 11:05 am

As Young people in the African continent we want to get involved in peace and security space however , I believe different regions have different conflict which they are facing. As a Young person who comes from the Southern African region we are not exposed to sever violent conflicts which sometimes makes it difficult to know how to assist the regions which are severely affected.

Sometimes taking action starts with conversations we have, it starts with sharing knowledge with our fellow peers. Raising awareness, as young people Social media is one of the most powerful tool we know how to effectively utilise to advocate and share knowledge. So if you learn something about what’s happening in Cabo Delgado , share. Have conversation about it , look at what young people are doing and how they are raising awareness in their country. The Kingdom of Eswatini youth , shared on social media what was happening in their country, they shared information which the media was not covering.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
TRANSLATE THIS PAGE