The African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD) seeks to employ a dynamic individual for the position of Communications and Advocacy Specialist. The individual will report to the General Manager of Corporate Affairs. The key obj …
The African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD) seeks to employ a dynamic individual for the position of Communications and Advocacy Specialist. The individual will report to the General Manager of Corporate Affairs. The key objective for the position is to shape and strengthen the institution’s communications, PR and advocacy strategy and implementation, for a global audience, and to further leverage digital marketing skills and tools for this purpose.
- Create and implement a comprehensive multi-platform communications strategy that includes consolidating ACCORD’s brand and expanding the Global Peace brand, tailored to specific audiences.
- Manage and execute the communications strategy.
- Evolve and implement a social media strategy and manage the online profiling of the institution that includes writing and editing news items and institutional press releases.
- Oversee and manage content development.
- Update and develop marketing and advocacy materials.
- Map and management of stakeholders and partners to cultivate new opportunities for external brand marketing, media outreach, advocacy and fundraising.
- Keep up to date with current affairs and issues pertaining to the field of peace and conflict – as well as communication trends and best practice.
- Management of a Communications team.
- Will include travel when and where necessary.
- Tertiary qualification in communications and/or journalism with at least 10 years of experience in the communications field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Experience with public relations, brand management or global campaigns/strategy.
- Mentoring, leadership and management skills.
- Experience with photography, website development, social media platforms and computer proficiency.
- A proven track record of writing in English with other international languages an advantage.
- Experience working in the international non-profit, peace and security or international relations sectors, an advantage.
Please submit your CV with a minimum of 2 references, and a written sample or portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 February 2019.
Only applications with ALL the required documentation will be accepted.