This marks the eighth consecutive year ACCORD has ranked in the top 100 Think Tanks globally. The ranking was announced in the 2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report compiled by the University of Pennsylvania’s Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) at the Lauder Institute, released at the end of January 2018.
ACCORD is proud to have been ranked as follows:
- 26th in the category ‘Top Think Tanks Worldwide (non-US)’ and highest ranked African institution – previously 32nd in 2016.
- 35th in the category ‘Top Think Tanks Worldwide (US and non-US)’; and highest ranked African institution – previously 62nd in 2016;
- 2nd in the category ‘Top Think Tanks in Sub-Saharan Africa’, and highest ranked from South Africa – previously 5th in 2016;
- 56th in the category ‘Top Social Policy Think Tanks’ – same ranking as in 2016;
- 27th in the category ‘Best Managed Think Tanks’ and second highest ranked from South Africa – 26th in 2016;
- 35th in the category ‘Best Use of Social Networks’, and highest ranked African institution – 34th in 2016; and
- 32nd in the category ‘Best Quality Assurance and Integrity Policies and Procedures’ – a new category for ACCORD.
The Global Go To Think Tank Index can be downloaded from http://repository.upenn.edu/think_tanks/13/.
Underpinning the efforts in maintaining our rankings, is ACCORD’s Knowledge Production and Interventions Departments, which combine experientially based, academically rigorous knowledge and focused practice. Building on 26 years of experience in the conflict management field, our work supports and influences policy-makers and practitioners in the Peacemaking, Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding fields.
ACCORD’s Board of Trustees and staff are honoured by this continued high ranking, and we extend our congratulations to our fellow African institutions and organisations ranked in the Index. We look forward to another year of enriching collaboration with our partners, stakeholders, colleagues and friends, as we continue to work with you to bring innovative solutions and leadership to the challenges posed by conflict.