Our Work | Internship
Internships at ACCORD
ACCORD offers internships to graduates and post-graduates. However, all applications are welcome and will be considered at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Interns work under the supervision and guidance of a Department Manager performing a variety of duties ranging from conducting research and developing training materials to producing documents for publication. Internships are typically unpaid positions lasting from three to six months depending on the assignment and the availability of resources.
For more information about the internship programme, please see the FAQ page.
To apply for an internship
- Complete the online form on the Internship Applications page, and submit it along with;
- A CV of no more than 2 pages
- A Cover letter outlining your reasons for applying to do an internship with ACCORD, reasons you are applying to your chosen unit(s), what you think you will benefit from ACCORD and what you think you can offer ACCORD.
- A 1500 word writing sample on a subject related to peace and conflict, which adheres to academic guidelines on style and referencing.
- If you wish to apply as a Communications Intern within the Corporate Affairs Unit, please refer to these guidelines before submitting your application.
The internship programme provides interns with an opportunity to learn from the various areas of expertise offered by ACCORD’s staff, as well as ACCORD’s various conflict resolution projects. These projects are subject to change based on the work programme of each unit and are designed to challenge and take advantage of the capabilities that the intern brings to the organisation. All internship placements are based on the expertise and personal interests of the intern, as revealed in and derived from CVs, with a view to the mutual benefit of both ACCORD and the intern.