ACCORD is looking for dynamic graduate intern to join its Operations team. The intern will have the opportunity to be part of continental projects, working with the African Union and the United Nations. We are looking for an enthusiastic, attention-to-detail, creative candidate with a good understanding of digital and social media platforms, and how each platform works. Specific interest in African politics, international relations and development issues will be favourable. Must be ready to put your studies into practice and gain experience in the social media environment.
Completed Degree or Diploma in either of the following:
- Communications, Marketing, New Media, Public Relations, International Relations, Journalism or related fields
Role and Responsibilities
- Assistance with the production of visibility and knowledge products;
- Assistance with implementing ACCORD’s digital communications strategy and updating ACCORD website and profiles on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter) with information about activities and events;
- Assistance in creating a knowledge repository of communication-related aspects for the organization;
- Assistance with the development of training tools (infoghrapics; design for case studies) for trainings and workshops;
- Assistance with event planning, as well as providing communications support such as photography/videography, developing social media toolkits, and communications plans; and
- Assistance with communications-related administrative processes such as software, and other relevant admin-centred functions; and performs any other duties as required.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong organisational skills;
- Good inter-personal skills;
- Excellent computer literacy in standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of video and digital editing software (Canva, Wondershare or Adobe)
- Proficiency in the use of digital and social media platforms;
- Good research and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member; and
- Awareness of political, cultural and national differences and adaptability to multicultural environments.
ACCORD Internship Policy allows for a nominal stipend that will help contribute to expenses such as housing and food.
Email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject: 2023 COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
The closing date to receive applications is Friday, 10 February 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The position will be filled as soon as a successful candidate is identified. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Durban, South Africa.