ACCORD’s African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme (APCP) will conduct a series of consultation meetings in Monrovia, Liberia, from 12-19 March 2008. The consultations with key stakeholders in the peacebuilding process are aimed at reflecting on the years of regional conflict that have impacted on Liberia, and on the implementation of the peacebuilding process currently underway in that country.
ACCORD’s Burundi Intervention held a conflict management training for women civil society leaders in Burundi from 18-20 February 2008 at the Sun Safari Hotel in Bujumbura, Burundi. This training was facilitated by Kemi Ogunsanya, ACCORD trainer and gender specialist, and Adelin Hatungimana, Senior Progamme Officer at the Burundi Office.
On Wednesday, 20 February 2008, Anders Rönquist (First Secretary, Deputy Head, Development Cooperation Section), from the Embassy of Sweden in Pretoria, Linnéa Ehrnst (Advisor for the Division for Peace and Security from Sida Headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden), and Kerstin Lundgren (from the Swedish Embassy in Harare) visited ACCORD House.
ACCORD’s Burundi Programme will hold a conflict management training for women leaders in Burundi from 18-20 February 2008 in Bujumbura. This training will be facilitated by Kemi Ogunsanya, ACCORD trainer and gender specialist, and Adelin Hatungimana, Senior Progamme Officer at the Burundi Office.
ACCORD’s Burundi Programme held a conflict management training for civil society organisations in Burundi from 6-8 February in Bujumbura.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace (TfP) Programme Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will be participating in a Scenario Development Meeting from 4-5 February in Nairobi, Kenya. The need to develop a common exercise scenario was recognised at an African Standby Force (ASF) Training Implementation Workshop held from 29-31 October 2007 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
ACCORD’s Training for Peace programme will hold a five-day Conflict Management Course for Peacekeepers in Pretoria from 25-29 February 2008. The training will be facilitated by Kemi Ogunsanya, ACCORD’s senior trainer, and Yvonne Kasumba, Senior Programme Officer with the Training for Peace programme, at the South African National Peace Mission Training Centre.
On 7 February Jeremy Astil Brown, who is one of five Conflict Advisors at the British Department for International Development (DFID) for the Africa region, visited ACCORD House. DFID is currently funding ACCORD’s Angola Country Programme.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD’s Senior Programme Officer, Yvonne Kasumba, will participate in a meeting entitled “Civilian Protection in Africa: A Dialogue” from 13-14 February 2007. The meeting will be hosted by the Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue (CHD) in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Training for Peace (TfP) Programme at ACCORD will be hosting a Civilian Staffing, Rostering and Training (SRT) planning meeting on 6 February in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Civilian SRT Workshop is scheduled for 23-25 April and will have as a key objective the harmonization of the approaches of the African Union (AU) and the Regional Economic Commissions (RECs) to the staffing, rostering and training aspects of the civilian dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF).
ACCORD’s Angola Intervention will be hosting a one-day dialogue session in conflict analysis and peace building for civil society organisations in Angola on 11 February 2008. The dialogue session will take place in Lubango, Huíla Province, and will discuss topics related to gender, community reintegration and strategies for strengthening civil society.
- CIMIC from a Norwegian Perspective: Reconciling UN, NATO & PRT Approaches
- Unintended Consequences of Peacekeeping
- Basic Conflict Management Training for media in Burundi
- SADC Workshop on Peace Operations
- Finnish government representatives visit ACCORD
- Visit to ACCORD by H.E. High Commissioner Rajiv Bhatia
- Gounden attends Brussels workshop on the EU’s role in conflict prevention
- Canadian High Commission visit ACCORD
- African Peacebuilding Coordination Programme Hosts Stakeholders Forum
- ACCORD conducts Civilian Peacekeeping and Peace-building Course in Ghana
- ACCORD Hosts Women in Dialogue for Peace in Africa
- ACCORD Meets Mith the South African National Office for the Coordination of Peace Missions
- ACCORD Hosts Forum on Peace Agreements in Africa
- Training of Trainers for Civil Society Members in Angola
- Conflict Management Training for Angolan Government Officials
- OECD/DAC Experts Meeting on Developing Practical Guidance on Armed Violence Reduction in Nairobi
- Gounden attends regional meeting on armed violence and development in Kenya
- Developing a Monitoring and Evaluation System for Peace-building Initiatives
- African Union African Standby Force Training Implementation Workshop
- International delegates from SA International Trade & Investment Conference tour future Africa Peace Centre site