ACCORD’s Angola Intervention will be hosting a three-day conflict management training for government officials from the Lunda Sul and Huambo provinces in Angola from 13-15 November 2007.
On 1 November the Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden was a resource person at the “OECD/DAC Experts Meeting on Developing Practical Guidance on Armed Violence Reduction” in Nairobi, Kenya.
From 29 October to 1 November, ACCORD’s Angola Intervention presented a seminar to develop a monitoring and evaluation system for peace-building initiatives in Angola and other post-conflict countries.
On 28 October ACCORD hosted more than 30 international delegates at the future site of the Africa Peace Centre. The delegates were in Durban to attend the South African International Trade & Investment Conference, and included representatives from Portugal, Switzerland and the USA.
ACCORD has been invited to participate in an African Peace Support Trainers Association (APSTA) Training Implementation Workshop that will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, from 29-31 October. The purpose of the workshop will be to finalize an Interim Training Plan as well as to source funds for the core African Standby Force (ASF) training activities leading to the operationalization of the ASF in 2010.
Pravina Makan-Lakha, General Manager: Operations at ACCORD, has been nominated to participate at the Vital Voices Trans Regional Exchange: Women Leaders building Peace and Prosperity meeting taking place in Northern Ireland.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, recently attended a regional meeting on armed violence and development in Kenya, under invitation from the Governments of Kenya and Switzerland and the United Nations Development Programme.
In recognition of the support ACCORD has been giving to the African Union (AU) in the development of the Civilian Dimension of the African Standby Force (ASF), ACCORD was invited to participate in an AU Training Implementation Workshop that was held in Addis Ababa from 29-31 October.
The International Steering Group and Executive Committee of the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) held meetings in Soesterberg, the Netherlands, from 6-13 October 2007. The meeting brought together the fifteen Regional Secretariats.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the Training for Peace (TfP) Programme will be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on Wednesday 24 October. The AGM will be hosted by the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) which has invited directors and one programme officer from each of the partner institutions to attend.
As part of the partnership arrangement between ACCORD and the Department of Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University in Sweden, ACCORD is participating in Uppsala’s high-level programme on Conflict Resolution and Challenges to Successful Peace Building in Africa (Top Level Seminar on Peace and Security - TOPS).
- Coordinator of ACCORD Rumonge office interviewed on Burundi radio
- Security Sector Reform and Governance Meeting between Sweden and South Africa
- ‘Protection of Civilians in Peace Operations’ Curriculum Development Workshop
- ACCORD donates IT equipment to celebrate International Peace Day
- Gandhi researcher and non-violence teacher visits ACCORD
- 13th Annual Conference of the International Association of Peacekeeping Training Centers
- Seminar on UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy
- Seminar on Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations
- Gounden visits ACCORD's Burundi operations
- David Adjaye visits ACCORD to discuss Africa Peace Centre
- Gounden tours Sweden, Finland & Norway
- Gounden Meets Co-Chair of Swedish-South Africa SSR Seminar
- ACCORD Hosts 2nd Annual Trustees Meeting
- 2007 Mahatma Gandhi International Award Recipient Visits ACCORD
- Nordic Africa Institute Visit ACCORD
- Peace-building coordination field research visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo
- ACCORD Staff Team-Build
- ACCORD Hosts Seminar on conflict in Western Sahara
- ACCORD Conducts Field Research in Sudan
- Dialogue and Conflict Management Training for Civil Society in Angola