Burundi recently made the front page of a UK newspaper site: (guardian.co.uk), but of particular interest to ACCORD is that part of this article is a slideshow with a voice clip that discusses the issues of Burundian refugees/returnees.
During this slideshow they mention ACCORD's work with the returnees (on the management of land conflict) and included in the slideshow is 2 photos taken of the ACCORD Rumonge office. The first one is of our Coordinator of the office, Joseph. And the second photo is of some of the Rumonge office staff and beneficiaries inside our office.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, along with Karishma Rajoo, the Manager of ACCORD’s Operations Division, were invited to conduct a negotiations skills conflict management training from 1-3 September, as part of the training curriculum for South Africa’s foreign service cadets.
On 03 July 2008 ACCORD hosted its first Board of Trustees Meeting for 2008. The second Board meeting will be held in December 2008.
On Tuesday, 08 July 2008 Adie du Plessis, the General Manager: Specialized Finance Solutions at Absa Corporate and Business Bank, along with Philip de Kock, the Absa Regional Manager for Commercial Property Finance and Graig Merritt (Manager: Relationship Executive, ABSA) visited ACCORD House to discuss funding for ACCORD’s Africa Peace Centre (APC).
On Friday, 15 August 2008, H.E. Ambassador Billy Modise, was awarded the Premier’s Excellence Award by the Premier of the Free State for his contribution towards the liberation struggle and South Africa in general.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to be a resource person at “Challenges Facing an African Diplomat: Now and in the Future” conference hosted by the South African Foreign Service Training Institute in Pretoria, held on the 15th and 16th of July 2008.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend the State Banquet hosted by the South African President His Excellency Thabo Mbeki, in honour of His Excellency Mr. Hugo Chávez, President of the Bolivian Republic of Venezuela.
On 09 September 2008 ACCORD hosted the second EXCOM of the Board meeting for 2008 at ACCORD House.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, along with Karishma Rajoo, the Manager of ACCORD’s Operations Division, conducted a conflict management training at the South African Foreign Service Training Institute in Pretoria from 1-3 September 2008. The training focused on negotiation skills and was conducted as part of the programme for the diplomatic cadets.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a ICCO-Kerkinactie Regional Consultation Meeting for Southern Africa, which was hosted by ICCO-Kerkinactie from the 25th to the 27th of August 2008, in Madagascar. ICCO-Kerkinactie is a Dutch funding agency, working in 50 countries around the world, including Southern Africa.
The Founder and Executive Director of ACCORD, Vasu Gounden, was invited to attend a Elite and Public Values Survey Briefing - “Tracking the Pulse of the Elite and Public in South Africa” hosted by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Foundation in association with the Democracy Development Programme (DDP) in Durban on the 22 August 2008.
- ACCORD participates in evaluation of impact of South African Foreign Policy
- ACCORD Hosts Peacebuilding Workshop in DRC
- ACCORD hosts peacebuilding workshop in Kampala
- ACCORD Presents at the Global UN-Counter Terrorism Strategy Workshop in NYC
- Field research with Coexistence Initiative
- ACCORD Hosts Peacebuilding Workshop in Liberia
- 6th Oslo Forum, Norway
- “Ontwikkeling is Verandering”: Dialogue about the Future Conference
- IAB Meeting for TfP in Norway
- Vasu Gounden attend 18th WEF Africa Summit
- Gounden meets with Swedish Director General for International Development Cooperation
- ACCORD Provides Resource Persons to Uppsala University’s TOPS Course
- Vasu Gounden one of three Civil Society Representatives to address TICAD IV
- ACCORD Trustee appointed President of the International Organisation of Employers
- Professor Klaus Schwab
- Oslo Capstone Doctrine Seminar
- ACCORD at UN Civilian Staff Officer Course
- Peacebuilding Programme conducts Burundi consultations
- ACCORD Conducts International Trade Negotiation Training
- ACCORD trustees honoured by State President